Friday, December 6, 2019

Harlequin Affair (1985)


A couple (Eric Edwards and Tamara Longley) is expecting a visit from their son (Marc Wallice) who just got married and he have a surprise for his family... he married a black woman (Sahara).

Eric Edwards and Tamara Longley
So I expected a story about racial tensions since all the family is white, but Bruce Seven sure fools me on this one. Indeed the racial question isn't very important, there is some tenseness when the family meet the black wife the first time but they seems to get over it fast. 

Marc Wallice and Sahara
So what this film is about if this isn't an adult version of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? Incest and a lots of it. Brother and sister, mother and daughter, mother and son, father and daughter... I guess you get the gist of it.

Christy Canyon and Heather Wayne
So it isn't what I expected but it was enjoyable in part, mostly for the cast (if you like Traci you are in for a treat since she is all over the film) but... I have rarely seen a film so badly edited. No idea what Bruce Seven was thinking about but the film jump from one scene to another and back, this is quite annoying and a mood killer.

Peter North
You can't purchase this film anywhere and don't ask me where I got my copy since I found it online more than ten years ago. But I guess with some small research it won't be that hard.

Traci Lords, she is a friend of the family

No comments:

Post a Comment